Sunday, July 10, 2011

sewing projects

Before I moved home, I informed my Mom that I had a few things I wanted to work on:

sewing and cooking.


I have been trying to eat without indulging in all my food allergies. It's impossible unless I make everything from scratch. I do not make the time for that, nor do I have the patience for it to cook. Well, Mom has been doing some great cooking for me. I haven't really been of help there. Better get started...

I have been following a few sewing blogs, plus my sister-in-law, Mary Ann, and sister, Rachel, have been creating all sorts of fun things. It makes me want to be creative and artistic. I attempted to make a robe without a pattern. That did not work so well...it'll be in the closet for a while. But I did complete a skirt and some headbands.

IMG_3043


I searched through all of Mom's old fabric and shopped at Mom's Craft for a few additional items. I made this deep pocket skirt from MADE tutorial.

Comfortable. Casual. Cute. What do you think??



IMG_3052


And I enjoyed making these headbands from happy together's tutorial. I had wanted to do something for my cute nieces, but wasn't sure what they would love. I saw these and thought - perfect! At least I think they are, even with a few sewing mistakes.

Much love in these.

No comments:

Post a Comment