Friday, January 18, 2008

Snails

My latest favorite song is "Snails" by The Format. I have a tendency to find a song or artist that I love and listen to them on repeat for the next week or longer. This song happens to be what I am enjoying these days. I really liked this version at


http://youtube.com/watch?v=nREISfgXi6E&feature=related


...so check it out if you want. Sorry you might have to copy and past this. It's a great song! These are the lyrics to the song taken from The Format website.




Nico take it slow
Show me that you care
And love's not just a flare on my sleeve
Sleep well, I pray that cardboard boxes,
Set the perfect stage.
'Cause wood grain makes all man made things seem so out of date
Life is not a play, it's what we
Make of the people we love.




Snails see the benefits
The beauty in every inch
So why, why, why, why, oh, why
Are you quick to kiss?
She bites at blades and leaves
Gosh dang you shrubbery
Well I’m sick of vanity plays
Should we move to the UK?
'Cause life here in the states has escaped
All the people above us.
What we make of those people we love




(Chorus)
Snails see the benefits
The beauty in every inch
So why, why, why, why, why
Are you quick to kiss?
Baby, maybe I spoke too soon
I’ll touch you once you make the first move
Snails see the benefits
The beauty in every inch




I watch her as she runs
My mother jumps the gun
She puts her in her arms
That is just like my mom
Never lets go, never lets me grow old
I wanna pay her back
But love is nothing you can tax
My family’s not rich by any means
But I feel we won the lottery, that day
The rock swallowed the girl
And I cried as cameras caught my eyes
My tears turned into butterflies
They fly away as caskets close
A new day comes you’ll wake unfold
Smile when you feel the sunlight
You feel the sunlight
You feel the sunlight




(Chorus)
Snails see the benefits
The beauty in every inch
So why, why, why, why, why
Are you quick to kiss?
Baby, maybe I spoke too soon
I’ll touch you once you make the first move
Snails see the benefits
The beauty in every inch, oh
Snails see the benefits
The beauty in every inch



I like the simplicity of the life of a snail. I sometimes forget that life isn't all about that moment...life is full of moments that fill up our days. I get hung up on unimportant details and then miss out on other joys life offers!



Since it is a holiday weekend, I think I will go for a hike with some friends tomorrow. I do have more mid-terms next week (lovely) but figure I need to take some time off. I'm starting to get burnt out. I don't want to be in class, my attention span doesn't last long, and my focus during study time is lacking! This could start to be a serious problem. I already procrastinate, get stressed out, and then overwhelm myself with trying to catch up.



My brain hurts today. I guess that means I used it, but sometimes I wonder if my brain really works well. I get frustrated when I study for hours and hours but nothing sticks. It seems the important things tend to go in one ear and out the other. I remember the unique, obscure irrelevant phrases that will never help my patients. I hope I don't kill someone. I guess what is most valuable from exams and classes is that I really am learning even if it doesn't show on paper. Crazy thoughts today. Obviously, I'm running on inadequate amounts of sleep and somehow I'm still awake. Later, when I want to be more productive my eyes will start to droop.



I'm laughing at myself because this probably doesn't make any sense. Sigh. Another day to live!

1 comment:

  1. AAwww...Sarah I love that song! I miss your musical insight. I also miss driving around, jamming to Taking Back Sunday. Hahaa...

    ReplyDelete