Monday, January 14, 2008

True Inspiration

Yesterday I got a phone call from my dad giving me the update on Cynthia’s marathon.  What an inspiration!  Cynthia has been running as long as I can remember.  She was a distance star in high school and college.  After college, Cynth continued pursuing competitive racing.  She won the Top of Utah Marathon among many other awards!  Somewhere between then and this past summer, she decided to follow her dream of running in Olympic Tryouts.  During the Chicago Marathon she didn’t reach her qualifying time of 2 hr 48 min, but stuck with it and ran again in Houston’s Marathon.  Here are her stats:  

NAME: CYNTHIA FOWLER

EVENT: Full Marathon

DATE: Sunday, January 13, 2008

BIB/DIV:   201 / F2529

TIME: 2h:41m:58s (gun) / 2h:41m:57s (net)

Result in Entire Field - 28th place5564 finishers behind. Less than 1% of finishers ahead. 

Result in Gender (Female) - 5th place2087 finishers behind. Less than 1% of finishers ahead. 

Result in Division (F2529) - 1st place 317 finishers behind

I can’t even fathom running at a 6 minute pace.  I can’t even do one mile in 6 minutes, let alone 26.2 miles!  I look up to Cynthia for pursuing and achieving her dreams.  I remember plenty of times that the girls would be running two or three times a day, through rain, snow, hot heat, getting drilled at practice, and pushing the limits on race days.  All in all: hard work, persistence, motivation, and patience really do pay off!  She truly is an inspiration for achieving your dreams.  Great job, Cynthia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment