Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Starting to like it here!

I'm actually starting to like it here in AZ.  It's been a rough couple months, and at times I'm not sure what I'm doing with myself down here.  But I'll stick it out a few more months (at least until my stats class is over) and maybe then I'll really want to stay.  Nothing too dramatic has changed this past while, but I feel more content with where things are at. 


 I've set a few goals for myself, one of which is to be committed to my running.  I want to run in the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day.  It's a 10k so I better get my butt in gear.  I figure since I can't be with the family this holiday, then I'll do something productive with myself.  I've been doing a little research to see what races are available this fall/winter.  Since that's the prime outdoor seasons.  I'm looking forward to spending some chilly evenings lounging on my patio with some hot chocolate and good company.


I've been reading an interesting book called "The Shadow of the Wind."  I'm intrigued to see how the characters lives pan out as the plot thickens with mystery.  It's not a favorite book, yet, but enjoyable.  It's nice to have something occupy my mind and actually make my brain work.  Not that stats hasn't been challenging, just a little boring for myself.  And I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow because I get to finish my second take home exam.  This one has been a little more difficult so I'm not sure I'll be getting an A this time around.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.


Anyhow, it's getting late.  I'll be talking to ya'll soon.


 

1 comment:

  1. Exercise does seem to be really helpful for me. Hope that you are meeting your goals and continuing to be happy where things are headed. What did you decide about PA school and hospital admin stuff?

    ReplyDelete