Wednesday, July 6, 2011

not too shabby…

Over the past few weeks I have been gradually reducing my furniture and such from the last 5 1/2 years of Arizona living. I was preparing for my move to Utah. It is silly how much I collect and hold on to. There was much sold, recycled, and donated. Almost everything else was strategically crammed into Cora Cora, my Toyota Corolla, after proposed doubt from Zac, my brother-in-law. I had a challenge to face and accomplished the task fairly well. Rachel and Zac are bringing a few additional items to Utah for me.

As I was packing, my car was sinking. I got so concerned that I took the car for a test drive the night before to make sure my tires were not being rubbed. The last thing I wanted on my drive home was a tire to pop in the middle of Arizona desert at 115 degrees. That would not be a pretty site. Luckily, the drive around the block was successful. I continued with the last few items and prepared myself for the long, dreaded drive. I went to bed.

The morning of, I did some last minute household cleaning.



This was where I spent the next 11 1/2 hrs. Good thing it is a pretty straight drive home without too much merging. I stayed within the speed limit and kept my distance from the cars in front of me. I did not want to slam on my breaks. There was some rearranging of my stuff during the drive, but I tried to leave my fields of vision open.

I knew I was close to home with the scent of cows burning my nostrils, random stray animals in the road, and starlight all around.

Home Sweet Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment