Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Trip to UT & OB/GYN rotation

These past few weeks have flown by. I have been meaning to post some pictures/updates from my trip to Utah and beginning of my rotations. So here we go...

My trip home was great! The drive home by myself was REALLY long but I survived (thanks to audio books!) I spent a day in Delta with my mom. We took a drive to Richfield and had dinner on Spencer & Jonene at Wingers. Later the girls had fun showing me and mom there trampoline tricks.







The next morning we drove to Provo and met up with Marlene, Oscar, Lily & Henry. We continued on to Liberty Park where we met Juliette, Alex, and Shealea. We rode the carnival rides, played in the water, fed the ducks, and ate snow cones! That night Marlene made a delicious dinner for Phil and us.

Mom and I drove up to Midway where we spent the night at Ilene and Curts. It was fun being in the mountains and seeing the stars. What a great way to spend my birthday!

Thursday I drove to Lagoon and spent the day with the Forsberg's. We had a blast on the rides. My favorite was Liam's facial expressions on the roller coaster. It was just great seeing the boys and catching up on their lives. Seth, Joey, and Liam are all in school now.

After a sunny day, I partied with some high school and college friends at Cynthia & Jeff Fowler's house. It was so fun having everyone get together! I love great friends. We BBQ'd, talked about the Olympics, school/work/dating/babies! We ate birthday cake and the kiddo's helped me blow the candles out! It couldn't get any better...

I met up with my friend Jake from Mesa on my drive back to Midway. We drove up the mountains east of Bountiful. What a spectacular view of the SLC valley.

Friday mom and I drove back to Delta where I packed up some goodies and headed off to St. George. I stayed with Kim Hayes Christensen and her family. Her kids are so cute and fun. We toured the town and catch up on the past 10 years. I need to be better at staying in touch. The next morning her dad, Gordon, came over and we had a nice breakfast before I hopped back in the car for the end of the long drive. I made it safely to Mesa and got all ready for Monday to begin.

Monday came quickly, and my nerves were going haywire. Day one of my OB/GYN rotation began. Surprisingly, I really have liked the rotation. After I got over the fact of the "location of study" and really focused on the concepts, it has become easier to talk with patients and perform some procedures. There is great variety in the field with clinic, surgery, and on call for labor and delivery. I have loved the OR, even though I get yelled at each time I scrub in. It's all a learning process! It's amazing to see what goes on in the OR and what steps each procedure follows. I really like it, even if I'm physically exhausted. It is a much better way to spend my day, rather than sitting in class and being mentally exhausted!

Rachel and I are on the hunt for a couch/futton for our tiny front room. Rachel doesn'treally care if we have anything, but I feel it is needed if we every have anyone come over. Some seating would be nice. We checked out DI with no luck. I will continue to check craigslist and compare against new furniture.

I'm excited for mom to come to town for the holiday this weekend. I know she's coming for the grandboys and Rachel, and that's cool. It will be great to have her here. I unfortunately am on call this weekend, so without avail I'll be working because I'd rather not! We'll see how the week plays out.

I finally invested in a camera.  I bought a Canon Powershot SD 1100 IS - I will try to be better at posting pictures.

1 comment: