Saturday, March 19, 2011

It wasn’t me…

"It's not my fault, Mom!"



My Queen Creek friends decided to have Craft Day.  Hmm... crafts are not my favorite thing.  I don't like doing the work and it never turns out how I envision the end product.  So, I would rather go spend a little extra money on a finished product that I know I'll love.  Well, today was not about making the craft. It was about gathering with my friends and making the craft: a birthday board.  And it was an adventure.

First, we had to sand down the wood.  Eee. Uh. (squinty face!)

I hate the texture of wood before it's sanded.  I hate the sound of sanding.  I hate sand paper.  Plus, I'm a perfectionist.  I want all the edges to look and feel superb.   Not a good combo.

I survived.

Next, we painted our boards. I didn't mind that.  I like painting.  For the most part.



Third, we applied the vinyl phrases we had pre-ordered.

Then, we tried drilling the holes for our attaching birthday circles.  That's as far as we got today.



What do you think?




The kids even had a good time. I think.



2 comments:

  1. I love it! It was a fun day and I love those pictures! Can you tag them for me in FB?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished product...what do you have below the months? Looks like a fun time with everyone!

    ReplyDelete