Sunday, May 15, 2011

three years

When I turned fifteen, for some reason, Dad was the only one around. He took me for my *first driving lesson around the town. It was exhilarating. Then we went to Leo's for dinner and ice-cream shakes. It was a great day! I loved our daddy-daughter dates. I knew I was his **favorite.



*first driving lesson my parents knew about

**at least I thought I was his favorite, apparently he loved each of use kids equally, but I still claim to be his favorite


Dad always wanted an ATV. Later in life he finally bought one. We sure enjoyed that toy at the Sand Dunes and behind Spencer's backyard.



Everyone says I look like you. That makes me happy.



May is a month of mixed emotions. Mother's Day three years ago Dad was admitted to the hospital from complications of his cancer. Rachel and I decided we should drive home the next day. That was a long drive home. One by one all of us kids made it home that week. We were all together as a family. I loved playing the Hymns why Dad sang along. I enjoyed reading scriptures with Dad that week. We had some special talks together.



I'm sure grateful that our family can be together forever through



temple covenants.



Always thinking of you, missing you, and loving you.

1 comment: