Wednesday, September 28, 2011

the art of moving

It took my Mom and I about a month to dejunk, pack, clean, paint, and actually move from Delta to Midway. Thankfully, Mom had done a lot of work over the last 3 years. I am so grateful to my brothers, the Delta 1st Ward High Priest, and the Michie cousins that helped us load, drive, and unload the U-Haul.


Never ending boxes...




Updated bathroom...


Updated kitchen...




Cleaning off the old purple paint... It bubbled after priming it! Not a fun project.

Purple room is now white...


The lime green room. Mom's favorite color. I slightly nudged (or violently pushed) her that the color HAD to be changed!


Ah... better! A calm gray color. We also tore up the very old linoleum flooring and brown washed the original wood.


The room partially put together...

With the hall/closet...




The front room.




After all that painting -- I never want to see paint again.

No comments:

Post a Comment