Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Educating patients on how to use prescribed meds!

School has begun!  My class load has doubled this semester, but I am only at 24 credit hours.  Each class is once a week, except Pharm which is twice.  There is good and bad in this because each class is like four hours long (my attention span does not last long) and it will be easy to put things off.  I cannot get in a bad habit of that.  But nice that each day will be different!

In Pharm, we are learning about medications, educating the patient on their disease/problem, evaluating benefits and risks, and encouraging the patient to take a needed medication.  Here is a clip from my class today.  I guess it would be wise for us as providers to educate the patient on how to use the medication properly.

pharm.png


 

1 comment: