Thursday, August 30, 2007

School Challenges

It is HARD getting back into the swing of school things.  My attention span is shot after an hour of lecture (they are usually 3-4 hours), I am constantly tired, find any and every excuse to prolong the "staring at the computer screen" aka studying, and dislike the blasted heat.  I am already stressed, yet haven't found a funtional time valuing outlet.  Yesterday I made 3 dozen banana nut muffins and sushi rolls.  Today I took a nap and had a doctors appt.  At least it is just the first week & it is Labor Day on Monday.  I better be on a schedule by next week or else it is going to be a rough semester.

 I am hoping my lack of interest is from learning a lot of introductory material and that next weeks lectures will be of more value to me.  It is always hard for me to jump right into classes, especially 3 hours long classes, because by the end we have touched on many different topics.  We move right along to more indepth things without any time to process what was being taught.

Anyway, I think that is one of the challenges of graduate school - finding time to manage the overload of material gathering in my small brain.  School things will be falling out one side.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. It is tough to get back into the groove of studying and motivating yourself. I feel like I'm at the point that I don't want to learn a new thing again. I'm tired and want to move on with my life -- makes the professor idea seem like a chore.

    Well hope that all is well.
    Phil & Mar and family.

    ReplyDelete