Thursday, August 2, 2007

What was I thinking...

Check out some pictures from my latest adventure - skydiving from 13000 ft! It was quite the experience. From the ground we watched the first group jump. Then we got all fastened up in our lovely get-up and headed toward the rickety airplane. That's when I thought I might change my mind - it was so small and what was I thinking. I was headed for the my death - I was sure of it. And I had definitely signed my life away with all the paperwork. Once we took off and started to climb in elevation my heart started pounding and butterflies were entering my stomach. I hoped that I didn't pee my pants when we actually jumped! The time ticked by and all of the sudden I was at the open door for a slip second before Dean, my instructor, pushed me over the edge and we were free falling! We were falling so fast that I couldn't even hear myself scream. That minute lastest so long. Once we hit 5000 ft we pulled the parachute cord and started gliding and turning! That's when the shock of it started to wear off and my stomach got real squirmy. I don't think that spinning in circles was the best idea, but I wanted the most from my experience. I took it all in and before I new it I was preparing to land. I was hoping that I wouldn't break my leg or face plant when we hit the ground. Luckily I only slide in on my bottom. My legs were so wobbly but I was still pumped by the experience. Anyway, check my photos out on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahscoville/

No comments:

Post a Comment