Saturday, May 10, 2008

Who loves sports analogies?

I don't typically enjoy much about sports, unless it's tennis. I don't mind watching or hearing about it to an extent, but when it become a person life, that's pushing it! There is so much more to focus on.

Tonight I went to our Stake Combined Humanitarian Project. I think I was the most blessed out of the opportunity. First off, I went with a hunk. Secondly, I was fed. Third, Sister Holly Mendenall and Coach Bronco Mendenhall spoke to us about education and perspective (remember you can only take your intelligence, spirituality, and your testimony to the next life). Fourth, we packaged half of a newborn kit (there wasn't any material left after we'd finally talked to the Mendenhall's). Fifth, we flew an airplane and it went round and round and round.


After the service project (that we didn't really help with), we went on an adventure to Josh's house with Matt and Esther. Continuing on with my blessing....Sixth, I won at Apple's to Apple's (one of my least favorite games). Seventh, I played a stellar piano duet with Esther. Eight, I enjoyed some friendly conversation about the mean things we did to siblings growing up or the trouble we go ourselves into (I'm perfect, though, so that was really hard for me to come up any good stories...most of them I had to make up! Like the time I was so mad at dad and I punched the door in...oops!). Niner, I got to go on a moonlight walk because the car was blocked in my the renter, who was having a "moment" with his girlfriend. It was fun playing a practical joke on the neighbor, though. Ten, I got a stomach work out from laughing so much, and I lost a few pounds from shedding some water weight (through my laughing tears!).

Tonight I learned more about the importance of my education and remembering to keep the right perspective. I'm in school to better myself so that I can serve others! It was great hearing some stories from the Mendenhalls about their experiences growing up and then experiences of when they first were married until now. Life doesn't always work out the way you planned. But keeping the faith will guide you in the direction you should be headed.

It's been a good day, even if I don't love sports analogies! I relate better to school oriented scenario's. I got a hundred on my pharm quiz. I talked to dad and mom. I had a lot of laughs. What more could a girl ask for?

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully you will get this comment. I loved your post. I especially love that you don't like sports analogies. You're so cute. So who is this "hunk" you went with? 2nd date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah- I don't know if you remember me from the Delta days, but I saw your blog through Sami (Henke) Carter's. I just wanted to tell you that I am so sorry about your dad. I hope that you and your family are doing okay and that you find comfort and strength from within. Good luck.
    Laralee (Lovell) Deschamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly Wood SantMay 19, 2008 at 2:39 PM

    Sarah,

    My mom just told me about your dad. I am so sorry. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

    Kimberly (Wood) Sant

    ReplyDelete