Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Birthday Weekend

I thought I'd write a quick post about this past weekend. It was Rachel's birthday last Friday. Happy 22!!!  We celebrated with another friend for their birthdays by having a "Dynamite Birthday Party!" We played some Rockband, swung at a pinata, ate some food, and hung out. Killer party!

Then Sunday JP and Mary Ann invited us over for a birthday dinner party. Mary Ann decorated with super cute Martha Stewart-like designs! Such talent! We also celebrated Cinco de Mayo by having tamales, chips & fresh homemade salsa, beans, and salad. Delicious! For birthday dessert we had some yummy rice krispies (which I've continued to enjoy this week at lunch time!).


My favorite present for Rachel was her "It's a great day box!" I've been asking her what she wanted for her birthday, and she'd say "Oh, nothing, just get me a card!" Since we had that duel birthday party and I was taking a present for Josh, Rachel said "Just bring me a wrapped up box with a saying inside like - a kiss from me whenever you need!" So for her birthday, I did give her a box for herself!  It has kisses, feel good sayings, serve opportunities, and other miscellaneous thoughts.  Probably not what she expected, but will be enjoyed!!!



Max and Ian were adorable when we got out there. For some reason, Max is excessively shy until almost the end of our visits. After dinner, JP was like "You want to see Max get excited? Max, you want to watch tv?" Max about flipped out, twirling around, chanting "Yo gabba gabba, yo gabba gabba!" Apparently it's his favorite show. He ran over to the couch and got ready to watch the show. It was so dang cute! This is a picture of us trying to get Max to look at Mary Ann. He's so shy, though, and just kept looking at my hand instead. I'd whisper in his ear and he'd get a little smile on his face. I love having family so close!



Can you see the true camels? It took me a little while to realize that the white spots where the actual camels and the black spots are the shadows! Pretty cool!


Fourth quarter finals are starting next week. It seems like I'm always in midterms or finals. Do they ever end? I was calculating how many exams I will have taken over the 14 months and figured out that it would be between 85-90. That's a lot of tests! No wonder why I feel like I'm always taking tests. That doesn't even include quizzes, papers, case studies, or presentations. My life is busy! It's amazing I manage to find time to have any social life. Good thing Rachel is here to help me remember that I need to have down time as well. She's been known to help me ditch class or procrastinate my studies for a little while, right Rach?



A few weekends ago, I was able to help with TOPS physical exams at Gilbert High for the surrounding high school students. Here is a picture of some of us students from the ATSU Sports Medicine Club (both PA's and DO's). It was a fun experience, even though, I only stayed for half of the day. It was great to get a little more clinical experience and learn more about how to talk to actual patients. Only one more quarter and I'll be on rotations. It's crazy to think that a year ago I was getting ready to start school, and Amanda was thinking about starting rotations. Now Amanda has moved back to UT/WY to finish her last two rotations up there and I'll be finishing my didactic phase of school. I will miss Amanda but I'm so excited for her to be with her husband and family. I was able to go out last Friday and help her get ready to move. It was great reminiscing and joking around. Thank goodness for great friends.  It's been a fun couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment