Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm back...

I know you have all missed me while I've been away, but don't worry I'm back. This past six weeks I've been in Morenci, AZ doing my ER rotation at the Gila Health Resources Urgent Care. Morenci is a mining community, owned by Freeport Mining Industries. The GHR is operated at the need of FMI.


This is a view from the UC entrance. My clinical day varied with common problems, i.g., sore throat, ear aches, to intense symptoms, e.g., chest pain with left arm numbness or massive crush injuries. Since it is a mining community half of the patients we saw in the UC were work related accidents. I was exposed to many different things, but I still found lacerations and open wounds to be the most intriguing. I know that's gross to some. Sorry.



A high school friend, Kim Woods, has moved with her husband, Josh Sant, and family to Morenci. Josh works in HR for FMI. I spent a few nights gabbing away at their house. I didn't get out much so I usually overstayed my welcome, but enjoyed the conversation. 



When I had time to head home, I liked to go visit JP, Mary Ann, Max, and Ian. 


A couple of weekends I stayed in Morenci. I did some cooking, and horseback riding, and visiting friends in Safford and Tuscan. It was sure fun! I'll post the pictures if I can figure out how to make my blog work with them. 


I'm glad to be back in Mesa, and sleeping in my own bed again. 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMIE, TOO!!  I HOPE YOU HAD A FUN DAY. LOVE YOU!


 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are back to blogging! Thanks for the lovely birthday wishes...I am celebrating more so today than yesterday since I worked. This year kind of sucks since it was dad's first birthday of not being around and I don't get to have him sing me happy b-day! But thanks to you, Rache and the Muirs I did get some happy birthday songs! Yay! Love ya, Amie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are going to celebrate today! I hope you are able to enjoy yourself even without dad's birthday song. That always was the best! I'm sure he was singing it to you...just harder to hear this year. I'm glad you had some birthday love, though - from the ones that love you the most..hehe! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, its good to see you get some intense ED experience. It looks like Kim and Josh are doing well, I haven't seen them since Snow College! Glad to see you back online, take care!

    ReplyDelete