Saturday, November 22, 2008

Witness to my interview…

Last Sunday I had my Bishop's interview for my temple recommend set up after my temple prep course.  Well, surprise the Bishop had to leave for a baby blessing, thus all appointments were rescheduled for after church.  I sat around about an hour waiting for my turn.  Rachel was antsy so she drove my car home and my friend, John, offered to take me after they finished counting tithing.  Finally it was my turn to visit with the Bishop.  I head in, and then all of a sudden John was being ushered into the room.  My mind is racing with a question like "Does the Bishop need to have a witness during my interview?"  That is new to me.  The Bishop then starts chatting away about Johns opportunity to play in the Easter Pageant and so forth.  Then the Bishop starts talking about how he's had an inspiration.  I start to panic "Inspiration for what?  Does he think we are supposed to date? Do we have a new calling? Or are we in trouble..what did we do?"  The Bishop continues to talk about a few things and then starts gearing the conversation toward the upcoming sacrament meeting and how he would like things to change.  He then informed us that he would like the two of us to speak.  Phew!  I can handle that, right??  My topic is on "Preparing to be on Holy Ground."  I guess we will see how it goes tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to say your Bishop was impressed that you two needed to date.

    Anyway, mom is excited to come down tomorrow. She's asleep downstairs and is leaving at like 3:30am for the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that would scare me as well. It made something scary like having to talk in Sacrament Meeting seem like nothing after all the fear that came before it. Good timing, Bishop. Ha ha ha.
    ~a

    ReplyDelete