Saturday, November 22, 2008

Temple Lights

On Thursday a friend invited me to do baptisms for the dead at the temple.  I'm all excited and rearrange my evening so that I can go.  Perfect opportunity for me to feel the Spirit while I'm in preparation for my talk and temple day.  I show up at 545 and get ushered around all the youth that is present that night.  I speak with one of the sisters who informs me that it is a Stake Temple day and I wouldn't be able to do baptisms for another 2 hours.  Hmm, I thought to myself, what do I do?  I already pushed by my schedule back, so I guess I will just wait for my friends to come and then make an executive decision together.  They showed up and tried to work their magic, but to no avail.  That's a first: we were booted out of the temple!  Well, technically they said we could come back just a little later.  As we exited we saw about 25 young men head over from the visitors center towards us.  We definitely would have a little wait if we stayed.  Since we all had other plans we couldn't stay to do the baptisms later.  However, the Christmas Lights had been turned on, so we decided to walk around the temple.  It was pretty dang cool to see all the lights and not be freezing!  Plus, it was a good time spent with some friends.  There is something amazing about being on temple grounds.  I hope all you Arizonian's are able to make it over to see the lights this holiday season.

1 comment:

  1. What up girlie! I love Christmas lights. Danny and I walked around after doing a session last week. It was the longest session of my life, I hope I can do another one before the boy arrives but I don't know. It was so uncomfortable sitting! We are going to see the lights next week with my old mission comp. Please let me know how the temple goes. I can't wait to hear! Oh yeah, I like the camelback picture. Especially the QC Swim shirt! Go Bulldogs!!!!

    ReplyDelete