Sunday, March 22, 2009

jam packed

This weekend was full of fun and not so fun adventures.  

Friday night started off with my car acting up while I was driving home from the prison.  Thank goodness my radiator will be replaced sometime this week (crossing my fingers).  That night was great, though.  Josh and I went to Godiva at Chandler Mall and picked out all sorts of delicious chocolates to try while we wandered around the shops.  Then we played games with his grandma, Virginia.  Josh won all the games, but I'm sure he cheated somehow.  It was a most enjoyable night.

Kristen and Sarah 

Saturday we had Kristen's birthday BBQ.  I really just went and enjoyed myself.  We laughed, watched the soccer game at the park, talked and talked, and watched the boys flying the kite, and talked about school (surprise, that's all we talk about). Cadence (Pulley's newest baby girl) was so sweet.  I loved just watching her smile and giggle.  

Flying the kite 

Derik flying Talmage's kite.  

The girls 

Kelly, Cadence, Me, Kristen, Molly, Jenna, and Mimi

Cadence somehow got in the picture without her mother Chelsi.  There was plenty of food and treats to indulge myself in!  And just great company to hang out with.

I unfortunately had to work on my thesis paper (deadline in coming way too soon) and the usual cleaning and laundry.  And seasonal allergies and headaches are most unpleasant when you have things to accomplish.  I love springtime, but I hate all the pollen that sets my allergies off.  There isn't enough medication in all the world to make me feel better.  

This morning was our visiting teaching brunch.  I love getting together to get to know the girls we visit better.  And food tends to be a great way to bring us all in.  Plus we get a great lesson to uplift us.

All in all, it was a great weekend.  

I'm getting really excited to come to UT next week, too!  It will be great to see some family and friends, and share in Heidi's wedding day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Sarah. I would be a total liar to say that I am not totally jealous of those pictures with all of that GRASS! I have such awful spring fever! Bring on the sun!

    Why were you driving home from the prison? Haha...Are you working there, I'm assuming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been nice, but it is really starting to get hot. Pretty soon I will not want to leave my house.

    Oh, the prison days. I did my Internal Medicine rotation out at the men's prison. It was quite the experience, but I did see lots of pathology! Now I'm doing family medicine and it's definitely my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete