Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The weekend was pretty good.  I watched "Australia" on Friday with my friend Ty.  Hugh Jackman is an attractive cowboy!  Saturday I actually worked on my thesis (something I should be doing right now), prepared my Sunday School lesson, bridal shower dinner, and then ice-cream and party hopping with John, Jared, and Scott.  Sunday was the "Going Away Party" for Dave and Crystal.  Ryan Hardy made delicious Hawaiian chicken.  Yesterday I got to leave an hour early from work, so I stopped by JP and MA's.  I went to the park with the boys, then out for sushi at Sushi Eye and frozen yogurt with John H, Justin, Travis and Melanie.

Crystal, Me, Heidi 

Crystal's Bridal Shower was dinner at Nando's in Mesa.  It was pretty good food, and great company.  

I love my owner, Crystal 

Going away party for Crystal and Dave!  Higley, the dog, was given to Crystal as part of the proposal from Dave.   Higley has gotten big over the last few months.

He just wants to play 

Higley didn't listen to me quite as well.  He just wanted to play!

I can see you! 

Max, Ian, and I went to the park yesterday.  We had a pretty good time playing in the sand, chasing each other, and going down the slide.... Until the cat came!  Max was playing in the bushes when a neighborhood cat darted towards his direction.  All I could hear was panic in his high-pitched scream as he was trapped within the area of the bushes.  Once he got out he ran towards me saying "Mama, mama, I want my mama."  I tried calming him down and explained we can go home to mama or stay at the park.  "I no go home.  I want mama.  No stroller."  With gasps of air between phrases!  We stayed at the park, but Max's eyes were always searching for the cat.  Eventually I couldn't handle having him stay right by my side, so it was time to head home.

I love to climb 

Ian didn't mind the cat!  All he wanted to do was climb up the stairs and then climb down the stairs.  Occasionally, I could  get him to go down the slide with me.  The rush always brought a big smile to his face.  But he would then go back to climbing the stairs.  "Up, up, up!" he'd say as he climbed.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you on the whole "hugh jackman" is a pretty hot cowboy comment. I would like to see that movie. I hear it's good, and besides being a great and good looking actor, Hugh Jackman seems to be a pretty good guy.

    It looks like you had fun this week! As I was reading all about what you had been doing, it seriously reminds me that I need to get a life! I seriously am home all the time!

    ReplyDelete