Tuesday, October 27, 2009

fall is here…finally

Fall is always a welcomed time of year.  Why is that?  Let me explain with a few reasons: 1) the temperature is dropping, 2) jackets are a fashionable accessory, 3) cinnamon & cider, 4) pumpkin carving, and most importantly, 5) the holidays are coming!

This week for FHE we combined with another YSA ward.  We carved pumpkins and frosted sugar cookies.  I like slicing into the pumpkin and scraping the stringy insides out.  I don't love how it makes my hands itch and crack, though.


This is my lovely pumpkin.  I went for simple.


My lovely pumpkin 


Kamber, Andria, Tanner


Kamber, Andria, Tanner


 


Other eventful news:  FDA approved H1N1 vaccination.  Our office was supplied this week.  Once I had clearance I received my H1N1 vaccination today.  Not going it lie, it's a painful shot.  It burns during the injection and my shoulder has been stiff all day.  I am sure I have been exposed to the virus since half my patients are complaining of flu-like symptoms.  Guess I'm covered twice.  I am glad to have received it.   


swine-flu


 


The only downfall with the holidays approaching is that more and more treats are becoming available.  We already have numerous reps bringing in all sorts of goodies and Halloween isn't even over.  I can feel the lbs applying to my upper thighs.  Does that mean I need to start to exercise?  Eck!  This is what I enjoyed today... such a love/hate relationship.


 


donutbattle_krispy20kreme20121


 


The latest excitement at our home is "So you think you can dance."  I love all the dancing, but not all the critiquing judges.  It is going to be quite the season.  There is serious talent!


00028262


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment