Sunday, November 22, 2009

B.B. King Live

My office was invited to celebrate one of the cardiology christmas parties with them by going to the B.B. King concert at Celebrity Theatre.  Amazing.  

Me & Jenna 



I invited my friend Jenna to come along.  We got to enter with a secret password.   We visited with some staff and spouses prior to the concert while having appetizers below the theatre.

B.B. King Live 



Celebrity Theatre is set up in a circular fashion where the stage turns.  That way everyone gets a front view and the seats are all decent.  Very cool.  I was yelled at for taking this picture... so embarrassing.  I thought I had turned my flash off, but apparently I didn't.  Oops.

B.B. King is now 84 and quite the entertainer with life stories and songs.  He would have performed all night if the venue would have let him stage.  But, the crowd was getting a little rowdy by the end, so Jenna and I left before the last song finished.  I could not believe how disrespectful people were getting.  They had apparently had too much to drink and were getting a bit sensitive about everything.  Glad we missed the fight.  

 

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Critical acclaim and widespread popularity have cemented his reputation as possibly the most respected, successful, and most recognized bluesman, not just in the United States, but in the world.[1] Rolling Stone magazine ranked him at #3 on its list of the "100 greatest guitarists of all time."[2] According to Edward M. Komara, King "introduced a sophisticated style of soloing based on fluid string bending and shimmering vibrato that would influence virtually every electric blues guitarist that followed."[3]


B.B._King_con_Lucille


A picture from earlier days.


 


 


A once in a life-time experience.  So glad I was able to share in such a great concert!!


 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment