Sunday, November 15, 2009

be grateful

Autumn is upon us.  The temperature dropped to the sixties this weekend and it's dark before I leave work.   Chilly weather makes me happy because hot chocolate and sweaters are a delight. And it means the holidays are just around the corner.  I love having the holiday spirit!

Fondue parties have been the latest theme.  I love chocolate.  I love fruit.  I especially love them together.  Cinnamon bears dipped in dark chocolate are also divine.  Best of all is the company.  I love good conversation.  And laughing with my roommates.  

I was recently called to be the Relief Society Music Coordinator.  I am not completely sure what my calling entails, but I am going to love learning in this calling.  I love the Relief Society and I love music.   It's a great combo for me.

I still love my job.  I am grateful to work in such a good environment.  And I really enjoy helping people.  Through all my studies, it never really dawned on me what my main role as a provider would be - a teacher.  I educate my patients on numerous topics.  And I will always be a student.  I am taught daily by my patients and co-workers.  I hope I continue to love my career.

November is about remembrance and being thankful. One year ago I had the opportunity to go with my mother to receive my own endowments at the Mesa Temple.  What an amazing day. I have had many special moments since that day. The gospel of Jesus Christ is true and I am grateful for my testimony. I know families are eternal.  

Each day is a gift from God.  Make the most of it.  You never know if you will have another one.  

Life is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment