Sunday, November 1, 2009

Celebrating Dad’s 64th

 


Dad climbing to the top 


Fire trucks Waiting at the Church 


Grandpa Rodger Scoville


On November 2, 1945 my dad, Rodger L. Scoville, was born.  Even though he is not here to celebrate with us, it is a day of great celebration.  


My dad was full of love for others.  He showed it in numerous ways: serving faithfully in his church callings, spending vacation time driving to see family, countless hours working with the fire department, and dedication to his patients.  Some favorite memories of my dad are: Sunday naps (I knew if I waited long enough, dad would eventually fall asleep and I could 'get away.'), Daddy-Daughter dates, road trips, Thanksgiving in Sedona, camping up Oak City Canyon (best Dutch oven cookin'), and quading at the dunes.  


Family, Service, and Education sums up the life of my dad.  I'm grateful that my dad instilled those important principles into my heart and mind.  I hope I can carry it on.


 


 

4 comments:

  1. Your dad was such a great man. He is dearly missed, but we know he is still doing good things where he is. Thanks for sharing your great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have a hard time believing he is actually gone. He was a constant in our lives in Delta from the moment we moved here. I keep expecting him to walk into church. I even see people who resemble him or his brother and I do a double take. Happy bday Rodger. Thanks Sarah for posting this. <3
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Sarah! I love the story of your dad, and the Halloween Pics! Thanks again for coming out and visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, that was such a wonderful tribute to your dad. He was such an amazing person and example to so many. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete