Sunday, January 24, 2010

another classic moment in the life of Sarah

Yesterday evening I decided to run some errands.  I headed out with a couple of jackets on since it has been raining, and quite chilly the past couple of days.  I start walking towards my car.  I am observing all the ladies loading presents into the back of the van parked very close to my car.  I continue walking without paying attention to the all the deep crevasses in the pavement. Yep, my shoe landed halfway in and halfway out.  Not a good combination.  It began with an ankle roll, making me spin with my arms flailing and bags flying.  I was unable to catch my balance, landed on my right side, and was eventually laying on my back for probably a whole millisecond that felt like a lifetime,  All the while, the ladies kept packing away their presents.  I was within 20 feet of their view.  Minutes later, or so it seemed, as I was collecting my things, one lady finally asked if I was alright.  Glad to know they care.  I was laughing hysterically at myself and my clumsiness.  This by all means is not the first or last fall I will have in my lifetime.  Then I had to wait a good five minutes for the lady to move away from the side of the van so my mirror didn't hit her as I backed out.  I continued to laugh for the next hour to myself as I ran around town.  Classic.  Too bad it wasn't on video.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you weren't hurt! And at least they weren't laughing at you...

    ReplyDelete