Monday, July 9, 2007

Bridal Shower & Mid-terms

As the maid of honor for my best friends upcoming wedding, I get to throw her a bridal shower/bachelorette party among other responsibilities.  Her roommate and I have come up with a few ideas of what will work best.  Since we are all in graduate school and will be completing finals the week of the shower, there is a complication on what day would work best.  In order for us to have this before Amanda, the bride to be, leaves for UT we will needed to have it on Wed.  That causes a "stress" factor in my life since I have my Med Physiology Wed at 1 pm and Anatomy practical Thurs morning at 7 am.  We have decided that one of the games should be "Play pin the muscle on the jackass" with a picture of my ex.  He still has lots of muscles, even if they are scrawny.  It would be quite entertaining and educational.  I have been laughing hysterically at the thought even though we will not be playing this game.  I am sure there may be other ways around my studying : )

I have been very undedicated to my studying these past few days.  Mid-terms wiped me out.  It's been very hard to concentrate when my brain is full of extra intracranial pressure (ok, it just feels like it some days).   I also think I have a subdural hematoma after my ungraceful, rigorous fall from skateboarding just a few days before school started.  What a way to start school off, huh?  I have had continuous headaches, body aches, tension, decreased appetite, and emotional breakdowns.  Then again, that could all be from the change of lifestyle that has recently occurred with school starting along with other changes. 

 After my most difficult exam on Friday I couldn't even look at my score.  I was positive I failed.  I've done terrible on the quizzes and decided that my study patterns just weren't up to par.  What was one more day of studying going to do?  Plus, if I was going to look at my grade, it wasn't going to be when all my classmates were around to see my sad little tears.  That would happen in the privacy of my own bedroom.   I waited.  My peers couldn't believe that I hadn't checked my score out, but I knew we still had 4 hours of lecture and I needed to be able to focus.  I continued to wait.  The day dragged on with loads of new information about the endocrine system and GI tract.  Finally we were freed from Saurago B (our designated classroom with speckled seagreen wallpaper and uncomfortable plastic chairs).  My eyes were burning from staring at my computer and the sunshine made it worse.  But I had made it all day and carefully drove home.  As soon as I walked in the door I checked my grade.  "Phew," I sighed outloud as I realized I had passed.  A smile crossed my face.  Definitely didn't get an A, but survived the first round of mid-terms.  There are still many more to come, but what a relief.  It gave me the added reassurance that I can accomplish this current set of tasks at hand.  I just need to continue with one day at a time.  Still I haven't gotten back into that routine of studying again.  I have been sparatically studying/reading throughout the weekend, but am not as focused as I need to be since I have another exam next Thurs.  Ahhh!  Time goes by so fast, yet each week feels like a whole month.  I better get into the groove or I'll be far behind.  So much to learn!

1 comment:

  1. Impressive. You already sound like a PA with all the technical names. Good job on the mid-terms. Keep up the good work. Heavenly father will bless you in your decision for your future. Continue to have faith in him and follow him and you will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete