Friday, October 5, 2007

Lab Day

herewego.jpg

Today was our injection and venipuncture lab.  We got to practice giving (and getting) shots and drawing blood.  This is all the practice we get until rotations.  Hopefully it was enough.  We practiced intradermal (just under the skin), subcutaneous (in the underlying dermis layer, but before the muscle), intramuscular (in the muscle), and then venipuncture in the antecubital area and anywhere you could palpate a vein.  Some are more painful than others.  Now I know what my patients are going through, and hopefully I'll be able to help them know what to expect.  I'm sure I need more practice - you want to help me out?  I'll be nice.  Promise!

2 comments:

  1. That looks pretty fun. I always tell myself it doesn't hurt or that I'm not scared when the nurse is about to the needle. I always feel tense and I get a little nervous that it is going to hurt. But it usually does just a little and then it goes away. Like when I'm getting my blood drawn.

    Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look -- BTW. It's clean and looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete