Sunday, December 16, 2007

Classic Memories

 


sibling-picture.jpg


I was sure enjoying myself tonight as I glanced through some old photos.  It brought back some great memories from my "growing up" days.  This is a sibling photo in 1990 (I think) and we are a happy photogenic family.  I LOVED that blue dress from Grandma Scoville.  Jackie, Raylene, and I all received matching dresses.  I wanted to wear it everyday.  It had a big puffy skirt that flared out when I twirled around.  I felt like a princess when I wore that dress.  I wanted to save it forever, but it didn't last.


Back row: Juliette, JP, Amie, Phil; Front: Spencer, Sarah, Rachel


sarah-and-phil-lake-powell.jpg


Phil and I playing in the mud at Lake Powell.


philsarahrachel.jpg


This must have been a rare occasion when Phil and I were getting along.  Our usual pasttime and only connection - torturing Rachel.


halloween.jpg


Phil, Sarah, and Rachel on Halloween with our very decorative pumpkins.  I have had some great Halloween's!  One of my favorites was carving pumpkins at the Forsberg's.  It was quite a task, but rewarding in the end!


22732089_9ee122dfc9.jpg


Rachel and Sarah when we had the mirrior in our front room.  It looks like I made Rachel cry.  Something I was known to do frequently. 


I loved dancing, singing, and playing in front of those mirrors.  Plus, they were great for a last minute dress check before you headed out the door.  I'm glad that brown carpet is gone, though.  I especially love my hairdo.


There are many great memories amidst the unforgettable ones, like peeing & 'hiding' on the side of the road or fighting constantly with Phil (and I always won) and punching holes in the wall when I didn't get my way or the porche present or playing library with my computer, files, stamps, and the family books, or the dreaded piano practice or playing dress up or mom's famous foot rubs (I still love those) or my precious daddy daughter dates or trading bedrooms or Monopoly Marathon's, just to name a few.  I am blessed with a great family that still loves me, including my stubborn temper, and I do cherish the memories I recollect of us.  We have had some wonderful times together, and they keeping getting better.  It is fun to watch my family grow and change over the years while my perspective on life also develops.  I love being an aunt and spending time with my family. 

3 comments:

  1. Haaha! Sarah, you have officially inspired me to put a post on my blog of old pictures of my family. HOW FUN! What a cutie you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did fight alot. I'm glad those days are long past. It is nice being friends with you now. Also you are a great Aunt. Oscar and Lily love you. We do have a pretty great collection of memories that make us a unique family. We might have struggles like everyone but we've been able to pull through and continue pushing forward. I hope that we all recognize the influence of the spirit in our lives and when it isn't. I have had some great experiences this past year in learning to forgive oneself for past mistakes and accepting the influence of the spirit in helping us become more than we are.
    Love,
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did play a lot of jokes on Rachel. I'm glad that she's gotten over them and forgiven us somehow.

    I remember also playing in front of the mirror. Also do remember the old video camera that we used to make videos in front of. I wonder where those videos are. We should put them on DVD and pass them around the family. They were great. I'd also love to have my old Water Polo videos. What a wonderful video camera. It was big but I'm glad the parents got it. Documenting our family history is important. That is why I love to do the blog.

    ReplyDelete