Friday, January 4, 2008

Welcome 2008!

Another year has past! Here are a few thoughts & events from the past few weeks. I drove home with a couple friends to UT and Rachel picked me up at Cove Fort so I could spend a few days in Richfield with the Scoville's there. The parents came over for a day and we enjoyed our time there. Rachel and I spent the next few days with the parents watching movies, eating good food, playing scrabble and talking.


 


img_0421.JPG


Christmas time had a different feel this year - only Rachel, the parents and I were in Delta for the be festivities. I studied for exams while mom and Rachel cooked for the special dinner on Christmas Eve. Mom really knows how to take care of us! I missed having all the hustle and bustle of the family around, but I will admit sleeping in on Christmas morning was nice. We enjoyed nice conversation, read the nativity story, and ate some breakfast before heading in to open our presents. Judy came over for the afternoon and we watched "Sense and Sensibility" while eating popcorn and candy hot tamales. It was a fun time at home. I spent a few days up north visiting friends. I went sledding with the Forsberg's in Mountain Green (it was SO fun), partied at Denise's Utah Jazz party, visited with the Muir's in Logan, dinner with Deanna & Brian and Derik, and met up with Brian & Tamara before heading back to Delta. I had a good time with friends and made some unforgettable memories.


img_0776.JPG


I talked Rachel into visiting AZ...and she brought enough stuff to stay for good. I knew I had to show her a good time in order for her to love Mesa as much as me. New Year's Eve we went to dinner with my friend Kari and roommate Natasha. Then we met up with other friends at the Polar Ice event. I will say that it wasn't the most exciting night of my life. But I've decided that New Year's is just a let down. There is so much hype and expectations for the night, and then it's just another night out. We did have fun and I think Rachel enjoyed herself. She made some new friends just like that...and she says that she's shy.


img_0784.JPG


We celebrated the new year by going to the Fiesta Bowl in Glendale! My cute friend Kari was able to get tickets, so I took Rachel, Derik, and Steve to the game. It was fun cheering for the Mountaineers and watching them squash the Sooners the game!!! I've decided that Kari, Trisha, and I are good luck. The past two years we've gone and our teams have won. Wahoo!


img_0799.JPG


Here's a shot of the field from out seat! It was AWESOME!


img_0797.JPG



Steve, Sarah, Derik, RachelĂ‚ 

img_0786.JPG


Favorite: Steve and Sarah



1 comment:

  1. sarah, you look so great in all your pictures...you seem to just play hard all the time...sounds like you had a nice christmas break...those old pics of your family are hilarious , i never knew you had 7 kids in the family! thats like me! that first pic of your siblings , you are like a little bean pole!!! so skinny!!! it's funny....

    ReplyDelete