Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It really is that time...

The year has flown by! And what a year it has been. There have been ups and downs, hard classes and easy classes, parties and ceremonies, sad days and happy days, reflective moments and strong pursuits, flowers and heartbreak, and best of all, I survived! I have finished my written final exams and anticipate passing my OSCE's tomorrow morning. Last week was our White Coat Pinning Ceremony which transitioned us from "Tweeners" into our clinical year. I have finished the didactic phase of my schooling. I have a full two weeks break before rotations actually begin.


Rachel came to the ceremony. She fell asleep but woke up just in time to see me get pinned. It's the thought that counts, right? I can see that it might not be the most interesting event if you aren't interested in medicine. We had speakers talk about healthcare, professionalism and our purpose as a provider. We recite our oath, we receive our pin or white coat (this is for both first and second years), and have time to mingle with our families. Thanks for the beautiful flowers, Mom!

I remember the first day being a first year and wondering what it was going to be like. All the second years said it was going to fly by and to just learn and enjoy what you can. Part of me thought, "Yeah, I know time flies by, but this is 14 months of intense schooling?" And it has been long months with really long days, but the time has gone so fast. And I'm supposed to know something by now. I guess I will find out when I start my rotations.


ATSU PA Class 2009 - I'm on the second row, second from the right side.


I recall when I first moved to AZ and had Amanda along for the ride. She was doing me a favor, by taking the long trek with me, and I was doing her a favor by bringing her down for her interview. She started a few months later. This Saturday she graduates. In one more year, that will be me.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sarah! I am so excited for you to get a couple of weeks of vacation!! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I loved the pictures. Thanks for pointing you out. I was looking and couldn't find you. What an amazing year you have had and you have hung in there to the end of the course work. I am very proud of you. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Sarah! Looks like all your hard work is starting to pay off! Good luck on your rotations, hopefully you have a fun little break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats. It was good to see you last night. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete