Friday, July 18, 2008

summertime favorites


  • the deep blue starry nights with streams of a bright full moon peeking through the palm trees

  • flowers basking in the sun rays with birds chirping their songs

  • crickets livening up the calm warm nights

  • the aroma traveling from a smoking grill penetrating my nose and stimulating my salivary glands

  • listening to the neighborhood kids play night games with all there hoops and hollers and hopes of endless nights

  • lounging by the pool soaking up the sunshine, flipping pages to a gossip magazine, until the need to jump in the crisp clear water overwhelms the unquenchable heat and dripping sweat down your back

  • people hustling and bustling around as they are overtaken by the acoustic sounds of a local band

  • daisies swaying in the breeze

  • chillin on the back porch with friends and family

  • sleepovers

  • star-gazing while laying on the trampoline

  • watching the sand fly up around me while cruising on the quad at the dunes

  • sleeping in

  • the smell of fresh cut grass and blossoming saguaro cactus

  • drowning myself in a well written novel as I curl up on the couch in my pjs with my hot tamales

  • swaying aimlessly forward and backward on a swing

  • observing animal life

  • red, orange, purple almost magical sunsets cutting across the horizon

  • afternoon naps

  • the forced breeze flying over my skin with my hair tossing to and fro, jamming to tunes with friends as I relax & lay out on the front of a boat at the lake, watching the birds peruse the sky above

  • ben and jerry ice cream

  • hope for a fresh new start with the coming year

  • catching up with a best friend while receiving a killer foot massage during an hour pedicure session

  • monsoon rains and wind that quickly come and go

  • the texture, taste and satisfaction of fresh blueberries or strawberries crushing the taste buds as it moves in a forsaken direction

  • family picnics

  • watching baseball game with the field lights blazing through the sky, rowdy crowds cheering for their teams, gloves ready to catch that foul ball, eating hotdogs and peanuts, and singing with the crowd "take me out to the ball game"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah wanted to say hi and I hope your doing well. My sympathies go out to you and your family on your dad. I havent been back to Delta since I was married and saw you on here and found out sorry it has taken so long. Cute blog and cute posts. I hope you add me I would love to stay in touch with you I am Chrissy Hood Dude Bennett's niece. I hope to talk to you soon hun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your summer favorites are awesome...hope you got to get in at least a couple of those favorites this weekend!

    ReplyDelete