Monday, December 8, 2008

what's wrong with my brain these days??

The other day I decided to go to the mall.  I thought it was a good idea.  I need some new tanks/undershirts and thought that the Fiesta Mall would have a kiosk with such items.  I went and parked at my usual place.  That seems to be the logical thing to do, right?  I did my shopping.  Upstairs.  Downstairs.  Upstairs, again.  Finally I had walked what felt like 20 miles and decided I had seen all the shops.  I preceded to what I thought was my exit and walked outside.  Hmmm, that didn't look familiar.  I was sure I parked from an upstairs location.  I continued on until I had exited all the upstairs doors.  Finally, I went downstairs and started checking the exits.  Nothing was familiar.  I then decided that I should try to locate myself by becoming oriented with the outside of the building and going from there.  I thought I found the correct crossroads according to the outside shopping stores and restaurants but to no avail.  I decided to just pick one that seemed to be in the right location, and started walking.  Once halfway around the building I found my car.  What a day!!  The best part; however, was when I was walking with my forlorn facial expression and some guy passes me and says "Hey, it looks like you dropped (of course, I have turned my head to see what I could have possibly dropped) your smile!"  Lame, but it did get me to smile!

We all know what a klutz I am.  Well, today has been no exception.  I stepped out my front door and totally tripped on my outside rug.  Then as I was walking up the stairs to pick up my mail, I fell again.  I must be missing something in my diet.  Any suggestions??

Plus, don't even get me started on the most outrageous things I've come up with at clinic.  My preceptor will ask me the most basic questions like "What are the target organs of Diabetes?"  My response, "The eyes, vasculature, and the kidneys."  Duh, what part of the vasculature is most important? The heart!  How could I forget the heart.  Or when he asks the cause of stasis dermatitis and I respond with "Pooling of the blood." Dr. Ferguson says, "Well, yes, Sarah, but what causes the darkening of the skin?" I give a blank stare.  "What does RBCs break down into?" Another duh, iron.  It does feel good when I pose a question from my textbook to Dr. Ferguson and the other students, though, and I am the only one that knows the answer.  That doesn't happened too often, though.

1 comment:

  1. don't feel too bad. I couldn't have answered any of those questions. Granted I haven't been through the many years of schooling you just completed, but really, it is not a "duh" question. None of them are.
    As far as tripping. I just hate that feeling when you know you are going down and nothing can stop it. I fell and my hands got the brunt of the fall. 3 weeks later I developed a very painful cyst on my wrist. (didn't know I could rhyme, did you?) Which the doctor said could have come from an injury.
    and, I have lost my car before. Once, right after I purchased it I forgot what it looked like from the front and thought it had gotten stolen. heh heh. After that I put a clear Olympics 2002 sticker in the front window and crystal hanging from the rear view mirror. Now if I get confused, I can look for those two. :}
    Merry Christmas
    ~a

    ReplyDelete