Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oracle Caves with Williams YSA ward

Yesterday I went with my singles ward to Peppersauce Caves just outside of Oracle, AZ.  We had an adventurous drive down there.  We were quite surprised by the distance, but enjoyed it.  The town of Oracle was celebrating the Oak Festival with all sorts of exciting things like a Carnival, a Car Show, boutiques, food, and more...  We passed by and eventually made it to the entrance of the caves.

Oracle Caves with Williams Ward



Then we hiked in...



Oracle Caves with Williams Ward



Some people swam in the cave water...who knows what was living in it!


Oracle Caves with Williams Ward


Thankfully, I made it out alive...


Oracle Caves with Williams Ward


I have a hard time with confined spaces and have to continually remind myself to breath.  The dirt inside varied in consistency depending on how my water was dripping or being absorbed.  I definitely slid a few times and almost lost my shoes because the mud would be so sticky.  It was a great way to spend my Saturday!




1 comment:

  1. I love these caves! I went a few times in HS but haven't been back since. Fun fun! If you take a flashlight under water you find a tunnel! Cool!

    ReplyDelete