Monday, April 5, 2010

Newest best friend… Baxter!

Baxter


Baxter, my roommates dog, is pretty cool.  He's always excited to see me, or her, when we get home from work.  He loves to play tag.  Great at hide-n-seek when it's time to go into the kennel.  Enjoys snuggling on the bed.  Good at tricks, especially when a treat is involved.  Always ready to go on a walk with me.  Willing to listen.  We did take a short adventure on the bike together the other day.  There is a basket on one of the cruisers, so I put him in there.  He didn't really like it at first.  He was on all four paws, alert, waiting for something to happen.  It was difficult having the basket off balance like that, but eventually he sat down in the basket.  About that time is when I hit the curb and we almost toppled onto the concrete.  Luckily, I stopped it with my head in the fence.  Minor brain damage.  And the dog was safe.  So, pretty much it was a successful first ride together.   Not sure if there will be a next time!  Overall, Baxter is a great dog and I sure enjoy having him around.

Favorite place...under the bed!

2 comments: