Thursday, June 19, 2008

nose bleed

Before I could take the rental car the dealership had me sign all these papers, one of which stated that I would fill the gas back to the same spot as when I took it.  It was a super long and busy day yesterday with class starting at 7 and going until 3.  Hence, I was in a rush for our Future for Kids charity silent auction so I stopped off right after class to fill the gas up.  The Forrester is just a little taller than my own Impreza and with my rushed moves I wasn't really paying attention to door placement.  Yep, I was standing in the normal position (where my head would be over my car door) and smack the door hit me right in the face.  Ouch! That hurt and within a couple of seconds I had a nose bleed.  Good thing I wasn't too far from my house, but what a way to start my night off.  I headed home and controlled the problem.  Then quickly got ready for the night.

It turned out to be a fun filled night.  I was sweating before I got to the auction (lovely 110 degree weather), wore my red highheels (looked hot, but killer on the feet), was out bid on a few of things I really wanted, and didn't get any dinner.  By the time I actually got home I was exhausted.  Good news, I won a few items at the auction, loved seeing everyone all dressed up, and was really glad my car wasn't towed (I had forgotten I parked in a 3 hour parking lot...I was there for 5).  Plus, I really do like my car, Ned, because I know how to maneuver it well.  And my friend Josh was offered (and accepted) a job at his "dream law firm."  He's been working with them during clinic this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment