Friday, June 20, 2008

toward and away

Our lab today was all about suturing. We practiced a couple different techniques on pigs feet. It was great fun learning how it is done. I'm not a pro, but I enjoyed doing it. It is hard to maneuver the tools and not bend the needles (the pig skin is a little tougher than live human skin). I'm sure every time I see stitches I will be critiquing the work done. Doing the procedure labs always gets me excited for rotations. Only eight more weeks until they begin.



Pictures courtesy of Beth Hill!

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally impressed that putting stitches in pigs feet doesn't bother you! You'll be a great PA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, pigs feet! That sounds gross :) We really should get together! We should have you and Rachel come over for dinner on a Sunday. E-mail me and let me know what day in the next few weeks, would work best for you. amy_m_cowley@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete