Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho


I decided to pick up a book and read tonight.  This book has been sitting on my shelf for the past few months waiting for me to have time to read.  I sure enjoyed this good easy read about Santiago and his adventures in life while pursuing his Personal Legend.  i really like the life purpose that developed beyond Santiago's dreams.  There is something about knowing how to be content with the present.


My friend Deanna laughed at me when I told her that I read a book tonight.  She said "Haven't you been reading enough these past couple of weeks?  I don't think I've read a book since high school."  I laughed.  I find contentment and pleasure by drifting into someone else's mind.  It's nice to step away from reality for a few hours.


3 comments:

  1. so, is it a good book? I just bought two books the other day and I'm going to enjoy this summer by just reading and chilling. Weird how we have studied all year, and now we're reading on our free time! I hope you did well on your final yesterday! and, also, I passed all of my classes, so I'll be in AZ in about a week or so. YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey beautiful! I will have to give it a look see! Don't worry Nate gives me a hard time about reading too but I agree it's nice to disappear into someone else's mind for a few hours. Love ya, Stace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this book last month too! I loved it and thought it had a lot of applications to real life and living your own personal legend.

    ReplyDelete