Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend Update...

It was a nice relaxing fun-filled weekend before my quarter begins. I finished exams on Thursday, so it has been a short break for me. I was glad to enjoy my days off! Friday I went to breakfast with a friend from school (Erin), enjoyed waffles with fresh blueberries, and caught up on the latest in life. I went to the park with Gidget for about an hour and read a book. Met up with another friend from QC for a Jamba and talked! Came home and found a pile of Gidge's poop on the hardwood floor. A little upset, I made her stay outside of my room. She pouted knowing she was in trouble. She has been put in "time out" a couple of times this weekend. Her "time out" consists of staying in the backyard or the cage inside the house. Not sure why she is acting out, but I'm definitely not enjoying the tantrums.


Friday night was Trisha and Danny's reception. I went out with my friend Josh. Driving out to the church reminded me of how far away I used to live. For some reason, when I lived out there it didn't seem that far. But now that I've been so close to everything, it seems like quite the distance.


I definitely enjoyed my night with Josh. He has a way with making me laugh and enjoy the simple things. He is studying law and will be taking the Bar this July. Unfortunately for me, that means he is super busy and I probably won't see him again until after that.


Saturday I slept in. I went to a matinée with some ward friends and saw "Kung Fu Panda." It was pretty cute. I have really been wanting to go swimming lately. So I invited myself and Rachel over to my friend John's to go swimming that afternoon. He was super sweet about letting us come over. They have a nice pool, tramp and swing set. I was in heaven for a few hours enjoying the sunshine! Since Katee and Drew's reception was out in south Gilbert, I went over the JP and Mary Ann's for a few hours. It was great seeing them. Max loves his cars and trucks. It was fun playing with him. After the reception, I went to a party with Rachel. I wasn't really in the social mood, so I didn't stay too long. I went home and watched "P.S. I love you!" It was a cute movie that made me do some thinking. Needless to say, I stayed up way too late.


I slept in this morning, then went to church. It was a good day of learning for me. I visited with the Bishop for a time after church. He was very nice and called me after dad had died. I always received a Father's Blessing before my school quarter began, so the Bishop was nice and did that for me. For dinner I participated in a dinner group with my ward. Afterward, I went for a nice walk and did some good thinking. I played the piano for a while and now just anticipating my five o'clock alarm! Another quarter is really here.



Two of my best friends came down to my dad's funeral.  It was such a nice surprise.  Deanna and I grew up in Delta.  We then met Heidi in Ogden.  We had some great days up there and have been through a lot together.  I appreciate their friendship and support during such a difficult time.



My nieces and nephews were loving all the bouquets of flowers, and wanted to share them with us.



My beautiful mother, Mary, after the graveside services.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sar,

    Remember our days laying out at the pool at good ol' Christopher Village? Ahh, the memories! I haven't been able to do that in ages. It's been so cold up here still! That is really sweet Deanna came for your Dad's funeral. I like seeing pictures of some of your family. You look beautiful, as always!

    ReplyDelete