Sunday, August 16, 2009

Birthday 2009

After my family left town it was time to hit the books.  I studied almost every day this week.  On my birthday, I studied with Jim, a classmate, from 8-4.  It was very productive.  I'm was very proud of myself.


How did you spend your birthday?


Trying to be studious!


Once I was tired of studying, I went to get ready for dinner at Daryl's.  Just before I headed out the door, I got the best birthday phone call from Dr. Smith with a job offer.  If that all works out... Looks like I'm staying in Arizona!  


Daryl made yellowtail fish which he had caught, rice, and caesar salad, with Ben & Jerry's chocolate brownie fudge ice-cream for dessert. Delicious!  We watched "Lars and the Real Girl" which is an interesting and different film festival flick.  Great night.


Friday I celebrated by only studying a couple hours, playing with Max and Ian, and bowling/arcades with friends that night. 


Birthday 2009  Chocolate is good... 


Max   /   Ian


Sarah, Scott, Jenna, Derik 


Sarah, Scott, Jenna, and Derik


 Zac and Rachel  Jaimi and Sarah


Rachel & Zac   /   Jaimi & Sarah 


   


Sarah & Jen (roommate)  /  Steve & Natalie


Me 


Check out my form.  I'm practically a pro bowler!  I should join a league.


Saturday I actually studied in the morning.  That evening I celebrated for graduation and my birthday with my QC roommates at Jenny's house.  We missed having Trisha with us!  


IMG_1531


Daina, Kari (and baby Smith), Sarah, Jenny, and Abigail 


IMG_1532  


Daina made some cherry chocolate cupcakes!


IMG_1535


I sure enjoyed myself!


Looking forward to another year of life, gaining wisdom, and enjoying new adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, those look SO good! You have to ask her what she used for the frosting. THey look so good!
    I'm glad you had a good time. Good luck with your test!

    ReplyDelete