Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Welcome to Gilbert

We warned you it was going to be HOT down here.  If you didn't listen before,                                                          BEWARE IT'S HOT: come prepared to face dehydration headaches,                                                                                  overall fatigue, heat stroke... minor concerns.

You start to sweat once you leave the house, sort of cool off while driving moderate distances; however, until the a/c fully kicks in, you start to have back sweat and face sweat.  But those are minor details. You finally make it home, start dreaming of the nice cool swim after we BBQ.  Mary Ann and JP slave away to meet our growling tummies needs. We ravishly dispose of the divine choices of fresh fruit and hot juicy burgers. Mmmm...  Now time for that refreshing evening swim. The dad's are excited and get out there with the kiddos. And phew, the waters a chilly 94 degrees. Almost, but not quite, refreshing. Closer to the right temperature for a hot tub, but it's just the pool. The kids didn't seem to mind...

Family adventure begins 


Family adventure begins 


Osky went diving with his dad in search for treasures.  


He also dared the canon ball jump off the big rock.


Family adventure begins 


Family adventure begins 


 


Family adventure begins 


Another comical dialogue from Ian:


Voice in the background "Ring, riiinnng, ring."


Ian answers: "Granma, granma." He smiles. "Play trucks." "Granma."  More smiles as he points to the dead cell phone, "Granma. Play trucks."


Family adventure begins


As much as I love my nieces and nephews, I'm reminded why I am always on the "lookout" of what might happen next.  I was watching Ian while at the pool.  He enjoyed kicking in the water and then splashes the water that was on the tiling outside of the pool..  Once he was done it was "towel, towel, dry."  I wrap him up and start carrying him inside. Halfway through the door I feel rather wet. First thought, I hope this water diaper works. Second thought, I'm sure it does else why would we be using it. Third thought as we reach the bathroom, take off his diaper, an outpouring of more fluid and I'm now soaking wet. I think Ian just peed on me. Fourth thought, I guess that means I need to take a shower.  


Pool water or pee??  Still to be investigated and determined.  What are your thoughts?


Family adventure begins 


I'm looking forward for the rest of the family to get here soon...  Adventures are just beginning.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment