Sunday, February 10, 2008

I love daisies!

As you can tell from my blog background, I love daisies.  I love any wildflower, but there is something about daisies!  The simplicity, the colors, the shape.  The other day I came home from school and found a teddy bear with an arrangement of flowers: roses, carnations, daisies!  It was a wonderful surprise and much appreciated act of kindness from great friends.  Thanks for thinking of me and my family, Starley's!  Congratulations on the baby!  I hope you picked the right name :)  Sarah, that is!

 I have been overwhelmed these past couple of weeks by the many thoughtful calls, cards, emails and gifts.  It has really made me stop and be grateful for the blessings in my life.  I think about the past few years, where my life has led, and how many lives have touched mine.  I know the Lord will continue to bless my life.  I'm wishing I was at home with my family right now, but so glad there are friends surrounding me here.

On Friday I went to the Mesa Temple's Visitors Center and saw the exhibit on Christ's life by Mark Mabry.  I loved the picture of The Resurrection.  It was full of hope and remembrance of eternal life.  It was amazing to watch how they created the different pieces and the preparation (spiritually and mentally) it took to express Christ's love and mission.  As each day moves us forward, my thoughts are centered around Christ and the hope, love, and comfort we can receive.

I'm dogsitting for the Rhey's this weekend.  That's always fun for me.  I get to have a country weekend getaway while they go out of twon.  I enjoy the quiet, the dogs, and the time study and reflect.  I have definitely enjoyed the chocolates & movie room...probably more than I should have! 

Life is about the present!  Enjoy it while it's here!

2 comments:

  1. i love daisies too!! i never knew you did! they are my favortie flower and have been for a long time............. how funny i liked this post...very reflective and thoughtful.......i want a quiet weekend with dogs and no one else! how glorious.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my last comment...i meant how funny - about the daisies thing...not how funny that i liked this post...ya know what i mean right? there should have been a period between "funny" and "I liked" anywho...........

    ReplyDelete