Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 5

Yesterday was a tough day. I woke up feeling lethargic. You know, that feeling after you've been fasting for 24 hrs? I knew I wasn't "sick" but I just didn't feel right. It could be the change in my diet, or the severe pollen count, or my imagination.  By the end of the day I was starting to feel better.

I went to Sprouts and bought a few gluten and dairy free foods.  There are actually quite a few substitutes.  I am interested to try the rice bread.  The pretzels were pretty good. I purchased Tofu. I have never liked it, but I am going to give it another try now that I'm older. And I've been enjoying lots of fresh fruits like strawberries, banana's, and apples. I have a delicious smelling pineapple waiting to be sliced into.  That will be a weekend treat. I don't love rice milk, but I'm using it with my cereal anyway.  I started drinking rooibos tea.  It is very earthy, and sweet.  I think the taste will be acquired with more time.

2 comments:

  1. ok, so i have been doing it too for a day and a half and i feel like i'm going off drugs. i am craving things like you wouldn't believe! they have coconut milk ice cream at fresh and easy, some really good chips called rice works, and kettle corn that got me through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rice bread actually isn't that bad. I preferred it toasted, but that is just me. You should try the quinoa. You can make up a tasty black bean, corn and quinoa salad and it is very filling. Do you know what quinoa is? It is kind of like couscous and bulgur wheat, but it is gluten free and pretty tasty. Good luck with it. Don't forget your protein in your diet. I hear that helps with your energy levels!!

    ReplyDelete