Sunday, May 16, 2010

Two years.


I thought this photo was great.


Dear Dad,


As I look back on the past two years it seems to have flown by.  Of course, there were some moments that never seemed to end.  I miss you.  There has been much that has happened. We have a few new additions to the family: Luke, Ava, Will, and Zac.  I graduated school and I am now considered "a grown-up."  I had to sell Ned.


I miss your advice on life.  Yet, I know you still watch over me.  I know you are doing great missionary work.  You always loved to serve others.  You were so dedicated to temple work.


Every time I go to ward choir I think about how much you loved to sing.  I loved to hear you, except early in the morning with "Good Morning Sunshine."  I need to perfect that singing talent of mine.  I loved to play the piano for you.  Many songs remind me of you.  I'm grateful you gave me the Clavinova (even if Mom didn't approve).  It has been a great blessing.


Life continues to be busy with work, looking for work, church, callings, family time, and occasional social time.


I still see you sitting at the kitchen table early in the morning reading your scriptures.  You were always a great example.  I continue to learn from you.


I miss our Sunday evening stories.  And our road trips.


I spent the evening with JP, Mary Ann, Max, Ian, Ava, Rachel, and Zac.  We enjoyed a nice meal with good conversation.  Your grandkids are growing up fast.  And they are as funny as ever.


Spring is shifting into summer.  It is starting to get hot here.  I am excited to visit family in Utah next month.  It will be nice to get out of the city and heat.


I am so glad you are my Dad.  I look forward to visiting with you again.


Always thinking of you!


Sending you lots of love, Sarah



1 comment: