Sunday, April 27, 2008

Adventures...


Mark, Josh, Sarah, Arm - Killer Tats!


Who doesn't love a great adventure?  I sure have had a few of them this weekend.  First off, I helped with TOPS physical's for Gilbert and surrounding areas high school students yesterday.  That was a great learning experience.  We didn't have quite as many students come through as expected, but it definitely helped me practice my physical exam skills.  And the students were so cute.  They were all nervous about getting a sports physical.  I'm sure it's daunting to have providers ask personal history questions and then get into their personal space.  I know I would be stiff as a board and unresponsive.  There is something about sharing intimate details of your health with a stranger.  There was some pathology that come through, and it was striking to see a few cases of scoliosis, murmurs, and joint injuries.  It helps put into context the things we've been learning in class. 


Rachel carrying Mark


 Second adventure, I went to the stake fiesta activity with a guy from my ward.  We spent most of our time with Rachel and Mark, and their friends.  There was dancing, pictures, and food.  Afterward, we went to Rachel's place to play games.  If any of you know me, you know how much I LOVE games!?!?!  It turned out fine, except for the fact that we played "funny bones" and that is a little awkward with someone you don't know super well.  You draw a card which states something like "funny bone connected to the knee bone" or "nose connected to the nose."  You get my gest?  It is totally a cool game and I'm sure I'd love it if I was more comfortable with the person.  Maybe not so much on a first date with me (since I have considerable space/touch issues).  I'm glad I got to spend some time with Rachel before she went to Disneyland with Phil and family.


Sarah & Rachel


Third adventure, I decided to go to the Valencia ward since I was already out south dogsitting for the Rhey's.  What a great choice!  I met up with Kari and Skyler and Trisha and Danny at church. I even saw Daina last night at the Fiesta party.  I love those girls!  Going into the old church building brought back many memories!  We had some great times together.  It is interesting to see how our lives have changes over the year.  Kari & Trisha are both getting married in June, Kari & Daina are going to Thailand, Trisha & Danny bough a house.  I'm excited to get the five roommates together again before they get married.  We contemplated the future events of our lives - we're going to have our own little cul-de-sac!  It will be quite the good times.  I loved seeing old faces and my old Bishopric.  What great men!  Kari, Trisha, and I were a little giggly during RS...sometimes I just can't help it when I'm around them.  I mean, we are so funny!  I loved seeing everyone!!


Sarah & Rachel


Fourth adventure, this wasn't quite an adventure I really wanted to take.  I got home from church and played catch with the dogs for a bit.  I looked over at my car & thought "Hmm...my tire looks a little low.  I better take that in tomorrow."  I walked closer just to check it out and realized that my tire wasn't just low, it was flat.  How did that happen?  I gazed over my tire and sometime I didn't want to see.  A nail.  There is construction being done out by the Rhey's house.  I must have driven over the nail coming home from church.  Lovely.  I was going on an adventure with my friend Josh tonight, but instead we are going to be fixing my tire.  Doesn't that sound like great fun?  It's a little annoying because I don't have any of my stuff for the night here or clothes for tomorrow and I don't want to buy new tires.  I just bought some last year & in order to replace one, I get to replace them all.  All-wheel drive.  And who wants to fix a tire on a Sunday night?  That is not how I have envisioned the evening.  At least I have some help.


Friend, Mark, Josh, Sarah


Adventures!  You never know what you'll get with them.


Rachel jamming to Rockband!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sar!

    It looks like you are having some fun adventures down in AZ! It makes me miss ya and wish we could hang out againg! Ahh the good old days in the 11th ward! Comin home anytime soon?

    By the way, I love that link you sent for the pictures from the Mesa Temple. They are so great!

    ReplyDelete