Sunday, April 20, 2008

Reflections of Christ

Tonight I was privileged to attend a fireside at the Bishop's home. Mark Mabry, a local photographer, came to speak about his recent project "Reflections of Christ" to our ward. It is currently being featured at the Mesa Temple Visitor's Center. What an inspiration his artwork is for me, and I'm sure for many others. My favorite picture was of Christ's Resurrection. My heart was touched as I learned more about the exhibit and experiences of those who participated in this project. Each was influenced differently but all had the same result of getting to know their Savior more personally. Photography has also been powerful to me. Add profound music and lyrics to the setting and my soul soars on high. It was a great to strengthen my testimony of Christ, His Earthly ministry, the power of the Atonement, and confirming fact of eternal life.

This has been a good week for me.  There has been much contemplation about life, school, and dreams.  I've tried to break away from my normal midterm stress, and had some help with Rachel.  Wednesday she invited me out boating with her and some of her friends.  Of course, I did have school and there was a split second dilemma of what I should do.  "Go to class, go wakeboarding, class, wakeboarding?"  That was quickly determined. I packed up my laptop and books and headed out the door.  It was a bit windy of a day, but still a delight to be up at Saguaro Lake with some new great friends.  I, of course, enjoyed watching them do some cool tricks.  I did get out in the freezing water for a brief time.  Josh and Jake were great at teaching me how to stay up...that's about all I did.  I learned that I have muscles that I never use.  Surprisingly, I wasn't too stressed while being away from my books.  I was feeling guilty for skipping out on class a small moment.  And of all classes, Law & Ethics, but Josh informed me that it could be looked over this once, since he is going to be graduating from Law School in about two weeks.  So he covered my need to know basics of Ethics that day.  Luckily, I didn't fail any of my exams this week.

Thursday night I went to Institute and my teacher gave a great lesson on fasting: how to fast, the purpose of our fast, and the blessings obtained from fasting.  Friday afternoon I went and laid by the pool with Rachel and Becca.  I went for a walk with Wendy later.  Then that night I hung out with my friend Josh.  I love making new friends.  I wish I had a little more time to spend with them all.  Saturday I mostly studied.  My favorite past time.  That evening I was invited to meet the first ATSU PA class alumni with two other classmates.  It was so fun to watch the twelve of them get together after ten years and reminisce about their school days.  Much has changed with the school since they completed their degrees.  They had classes up at Grand Canyon University and now ATSU has a whole campus of their own.  Listening, watching, and interacting with these PAs gave me a glimpse of what my ten year reunion will be like.  I look forward to the day where I'm confident in my profession, understand my purpose in caring for people, and fully grasp the medical knowledge I need to practice.  There is still so much to learn, but hope is brighter that I will make it there. Enjoy one day at a time!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah!

    I'm so glad you went up and had a fun day at the lake. You deserve a small break once in awhile. I'm so impressed and proud of what you are doing and how hard you are working! Hang in there!

    I loved your comments about the Savior and fasting. It's always nice to hear others testimonies to help fortify your own. Love ya,
    Krista

    ReplyDelete