Thursday, April 24, 2008

Harvey

Last weekend I met my dream man.  His name is Harvey.  He sends off the most interesting heart and lung sounds and doesn't talk back.  It's hard to find a man like that these days :)  Today he came to class with me.  He was very patient with me while I learned, and he even let me practice my Cardio exam on him.  Isn't that so thoughtful?  Ok, Harvey is a simulator machine so that we can learn how to recognize different heart and lung conditions.  He lives on the third floor of our school with our other friend, Tex!  Tex is even more high-tech.  We will learn our ACLS class on Tex over the summer.  He can simulate 125 or so different medical conditions, and we have to learn how to correct the problem.  There is a person in another room monitoring what is said for our treatment plan who can changes the stats on the Tex.  He connected to an EKG screen and other medical information.  Harvey and Tex belong to the DO program so we don't have access to them very often.  But they are definitely useful in our education.  I look forward to spending even more time with both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment