Monday, February 16, 2009

loving my electric fondue

Whoever gave me this gift deserves a lot of blessings or maybe a big thanks!!!  I have sure enjoyed myself with this new kitchen device.   Yesterday, I invited a couple of friends to come over for cheese fondue.  I researched a few recipes, and found a couple I liked.  I decided to combine the two and see what came out.  Almost perfection!  

Sarah's Concoction of Cheese Spinach Fondue

  • 3/4 cup apple cider or apple juice

  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

  • 1 cup shredded Emmenthal  cheese

  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch

  • 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese

  • 1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped

  • 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard

  • 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder







On medium, bring apple cider to boil.  Reduce heat to low.  Add cornstarch, Cheddar cheese, and Emmenthal cheese. Cook, stirring frequently, until melted, about 10 minutes.  Add dry mustard, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and spinach.  Keep warm while serving.  Serve with bread cubes, cut vegetables, cut fruit, or chips.  Delicious!

My only complaint is that the oil started to separate from the cheese.  If you have any suggestions on curing that problem, let me know.




 

Rachel being so serious 

Here's a typical shot of Sarah and Rachel.  Sarah always wanting a cute picture of the two of us, and Rachel thinking it's so funny.  This one is classic.

Jenna, Molly, Kristen 

Jenny, Molly, and Kristen came over to enjoy and share in the tasty.  It was quite the night!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. That sounds absolutely delicious. Why are you doing this to me so late at night?!?! I hope things are going well and that you're keeping too busy like me. we need to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete