Thursday, February 26, 2009

what a day!

Since my current rotation schedule starts much earlier than I've been used to, my bedtime is gradually getting earlier.  I fell asleep last night around 930.  That means I wake up anywhere between 330-4.  Pretty dang early!  I try to go back to sleep, but then that makes me even more tired.  

Today I got up at 430.  Got out the door by 615.  On my drive out, I noticed that my gas tank is pretty low.  I stopped at the only gas station I've seen in Florence.  I needed Excedrin (for my headache), water, and a DP.  I take my things to the register.  The cashier isn't able to scan my water.  She tells me to go get another one (because typing in the barcode is SO hard).  I bring her the other one, and she doesn't charge me for all my items.  I tell her this.  She then scans items I've already paid for.  By the time I explain to her the problem, and she is trying to wrap the idea around her head, I give up.  It's not worth the couple bucks.

I get to work and find out that some people from the Legislature is coming to tour the prison. Everyone is on best behavior. Good thing I actually got ready, eh?  The people that came were very nice; though, not that familiar with healthcare.  Oh well.

It was a slow afternoon, so I had completed all my work and asked the doctor if I could leave early.  I head out around 4.  I start driving down the road when I look at my temperature gage.  It HOT!  I'm about 10 minutes from Florence.  I pull over down some dirt road.  I start putting the antifreeze in my car (I've figured out the problem) when all of the sudden about five vehicles pull up beside me.  Five or so people get out of their cars and inquire if I need help.  I'm startled with the sudden attention and inform then that I have it all under control.  I had parked in front of the National Guard Gun Range, and everyone was getting off work at the same time.  I quickly pull away being flustered.  However, my car was not fine.  I turned around and headed back for Florence.  My only option was to go to the gas station that screwed me over earlier in the day.  I get water and antifreeze added to my car, and things start to cool down.  So much for having an early afternoon.  Or a Saturday morning, for that matter.  I'm having some friends check it out tomorrow.  Lovely.  No tennis for me!

So...here I am, pondering about my sleep!  I declined a few different offers tonight because I'm so lame!  My black licorice and a movie at home sounded so nice.  Just been one of those days!

No comments:

Post a Comment