Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Health

What is health?  And how do we maintain our health?  As providers, do we rush past the patient or do we really see and hear them?  Does the rigorous educational studies dissuade our initial intent of serving the patient?

To me health is maintaining a balance between physical, spiritual, emotional, and mental well-being.  As healthcare professionals we have to remember that everyones perspective of health is different.  A class assignment for the quarter is to spend three hours each week on something new that will help us maintain our own health.  With this intense of a program the faculty observes the students forgetting to stay health themselves.  I have commited to meditating for 30 min, six days a week on something outside of class.  I think this will help me remember that other things in life are also important.  I can not only focus on school.

Medicine is continually changing.  I think that is one thing that pushes me toward this field.  I look forward to what I am going to learn, even in the challenging times.  I hope that the program doesn't discourage me from my primary goals: helping people.

1 comment:

  1. HELLO! AWESOME BLOG! IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE BUSY LEARNING. THAT IS ALWAYS FUN.
    LOVE YA,
    JULIETTE

    ReplyDelete