Friday, June 1, 2007

Inspiring Moments

How do you decide what inspires you to improve?  Or how do you become motivated enough to make a change or take that leap of faith that's needed?  Over these past few weeks I've had a lot of unpredictable events occur in my life. I'm not sure how to react, or how much to invest with these current changes, but intrigued by the fact that life is constantly changing.  I know I need to be open and willing to allow changes to take place, but don't want to be naive to the situation at hand.  Where do you draw the line?  Or how do you open up, but not too much?  I don't want to be guarded and miss a great opportunity and friendship, but worried about allowing those feelings to fully develop when there is nothing to develop.  It's hard to know what is truly an inspiring moment, when to take that leap of faith and move forward into the unknown. 

Asheville, North Carolina has been a blessed place to visit these past couple weeks.  It's sad to say the time is almost over.  I sure have enjoyed spening time with Amie & Mat, and family out here.  It was great to have the parents & Steve come along for the fun.  We've done all sorts of things from hiking, sleeping, talking, reading, playing games, more talking, relaxing at the picnic table, frisbee golf, shopping, and plenty of eating.  I love food!  It's been good to do some pondering and thinking about what is most important for my future while surrounded by some of God's beautiful creations.  It's most pleasant out here with the rolling hills and pastures with mini horses, cows, and all sorts of singing birds.  Nature definitely inspires me to be grateful for the simple things in life.  I love the tranquility and peacefulness that enfolds me while laying under the shade tree, or listening to the thunder roll, or star gazing in the wee hours of the night, or walking down an unknown path through a grove of trees.   

 Among all this beauty, I've decided that I'm in love with love.  I want to find someone that is willing to share all my desires, hopes and dreams, along with my fears and uncertainties about life.  Love is a miracle.  I know that when I find true love that it'll be a blessing from heaven.  Don't get me wrong...I'm content with my life and where things are headed in my future with school.  But I love seeing people that are "in love" with each other.  Even after 30 some odd years they still hold hands and have that look in their eye.  It is inspiring to see that two people can come together and truly make a union of their lives.  I hope that I will one day meet the right man and be the right woman, and make the right decision to be married for eternity.  To me, marriage brings satisfaction only when you are ready and willing to be open to the change and responsibilities that are involved with that commitment.  I will just continue forward with my life, and pray that I'll not pass by a great opportunity to build a friendship and potentially an eternal companion.

Other inspiring moments have been developed over this vacation time as I've read various articles and quotes.  My favortie book right now is by Neal A Maxwell "All these things shall give these experience."  He presents the ideas of who God is, and how knowing who he is helps us come to know who we are: children of God.  Thus, knowing this helps us build a relationship with Him and our Savior, Jesus Christ, by building the trust needed through constant pray and being willing to accept the answer that is given to you.  There are lots of little phrases that I highlighted and that impressed my soul.  I love having those moments of true joy and understanding that He is willing to give us, if only we are open to hear Him.

 Even with life's challenges, there is much to be greatful for.  I'm stoked for school to start next week, even if I'm a little nervous.  I know everything will work out.  I just need to stay focused and have good time management.  I'm so glad that I was able to spend time with family and enjoy their good company.

 Life is always full of surprises!  You just have to look for the good in those surprises and you'll find those inspiring moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment